Daily Current Affairs 15 June 2020: Here we have provided you with Daily Current Affairs 2020. Current Affairs will be useful to the candidates preparing for competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, Railway, UPSC, etc. It is very essential for the candidates to know about the Current Affairs for the UPSC, SSC, RRB & All state PSC’s Exams.
Daily Current Affairs will help you to gain knowledge in the Current Affairs Section which aids you to get good scores in competitive exams such as UPSC, SSC, RRB, and other states PSCs.
Daily Current Affairs 15 June 2020
Daily Current Affairs Quiz will help you to gain knowledge in the Current Affairs Section which aids you to get good scores in competitive exams such as UPSC, SSC, RRB, and other states PSCs.
Current Affairs 15 June 2020: NATIONAL Affairs
Current Affairs 15 June 2020: NATIONAL
CSIR National Healthcare Supply Chain Portal “Aarogyapath” launched
A CSIR National Healthcare Supply Chain Portal named as “Aarogyapath” has been launched with a vision of “providing a path which leads one on a journey towards Aarogya (healthy life)”.
It is an information platform developed by CSIR to fill the critical gaps in last-mile delivery of patient care within India via improved availability and affordability of healthcare supplies.
Current Affairs 15 June 2020: State
Flood warning system “iFLOWS” launched in Mumbai
State of the art flood warning system “iFLOWS” has been launched in Mumbai. I-FLOWS consists of seven modules: Data Assimilation, Flood, Inundation, Vulnerability, Risk, Dissemination Module, and Decision Support System.
The system will enable Mumbai to predict floods three days before they happen and will make it more resilient as it will provide early signs of the forthcoming danger during high rainfall and cyclone events.
- Chief Minister of Maharashtra: Uddhav Thackeray.
- Governor of Maharashtra: Bhagat Singh Koshyari.
Current Affairs 15 June 2020: Appointments
Attorney General of India KK Venugopal to get a 1-year extension
Attorney General of India, KK Venugopal will get the 1-year extension of service. His tenure is coming to an end on 30th June 2020.
He was appointed as Attorney General and had succeeded Mukul Rohatgi on June 30, 2017.
Imtaiyazur Rahman is appointed as the CEO of UTI Mutual Fund
UTI Asset Management Company (AMC) appointed Imtaiyazur Rahman as its chief executive officer (CEO), a move that will expedite the fund house’s plan to go public.
- Rahman was appointed interim CEO in 2018 after Leo Puri’s term came to an end.
- The fund house had filed a draft red herring prospectus (DRHP) with the Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) in December 2019 after its PSU bank shareholders agreed to divest their holdings.
Current Affairs 15 June: SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
Mumbai’s new flood warning system ‘IFLOWS’ launched
Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray inaugurated the new integrated flood warning system (IFLOWS) developed for Mumbai, calling it “boon” for the city.
- IFLOWS-Mumbai has been developed as a state-of-the-art flood warning system for Mumbai to enhance the resilience of the city by providing early warning for flooding especially during high rainfall events and cyclones.
- Using this, it will be possible to have an estimate of the flood inundation three days in advance, along with immediate weather updates.
Govt launches AarogyaPath portal for healthcare supply chain
AarogyaPath, a web based solution for the healthcare supply chain was launched to serve manufacturers, suppliers and customers to effectively deal with the Covid-19 pandemic.
- This national healthcare supply chain portal will remove supply chain bottlenecks during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- The vision of this initiative is to set up an information management and forecasting database platform at national level.
- It will capture demand and supply scenarios for key healthcare needs items.
Central Railway launches Robotic ‘CAPTAIN ARJUN’ to intensify screening, surveillance
Railway Protection Force, Pune has launched a Robotic ‘CAPTAIN ARJUN’ (Always be Responsible and Just Use to be Nice) to intensify the screening and surveillance.
- This Robot is launched to screen passengers while they board trains and keep a watch on anti-social elements.Captain ARJUN does thermal screening and records the temperature in a digital display panel.
- Captain ARJUN can be deployed for multiple uses and it is an effective element in station access control and will augment the station security plan.
- Captain ARJUN is equipped with a motion sensor, one PTZ camera and one Dome Camera. The Cameras use Artificial Intelligence algorithms to track suspicious and antisocial activity.
Punjab CM Captain Amarinder Singh launches mobile App- ‘Ghar Ghar Nigrani’
In a first-of-its-kind initiative aimed at checking the community spread of Covid-19, Punjab Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh has launched a mobile-based app – ‘Ghar Ghar Nigrani’, to undertake house to house surveillance in the state till the elimination of the pandemic.
- It is the Health Department initiative, encompassing ASHA workers/Community Volunteers, as a tool for early detection and testing of the people for Covid19, and preventing its community spread.
Current Affairs 15 June 2020: OBITUARIES
SAIL director Atul Srivastava passes away
Atul Srivastava, Director of Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) passed away. He assumed charge as Director (Personnel) of SAIL on March 12, 2018.
During his entire career, he had led Personnel and Administrative functions at SAIL’s Bokaro and Durgapur Steel Plants and also at its Corporate Office.
India’s oldest first-class cricketer Vasant Raiji passes away
India’s oldest First Class cricketer Vasant Raiji passed away at the age of 100. He was a right-handed batsman and played nine First-Class games in the 1940s and scored 277 runs. He was also a founding member of the Jolly Cricket Club in Mumbai.
Current Affairs 15 June 2020: Important Events
World Wind Day celebrated on 15th June
World Wind Day, also known as Global Wind Day, is observed on 15th June every year. The day raises awareness on wind energy, which is a natural form of energy and also sheds light on all the ways that wind energy helps to shape the energy systems.
European Wind Energy Association (EWEA) established the day as Wind Day in the year 2007.
- Chairman of Global Wind Energy Council: Morten Dyrholm.
- CEO of Global Wind Energy Council: Ben Backwell.
- Headquarters of Global Wind Energy Council: Brussels, Belgium.
World Elder Abuse Awareness Day: 15th June
World Elder Abuse Awareness Day (WEAAD) is observed on 15th June every year to raise voice for the elderly who are abused and victimized.
The main objective of this day is to provide an opportunity for communities around the globe to promote a better understanding of abuse and neglect of older persons by creating awareness of the cultural, social, economic and demographic processes affecting elder abuse and neglect.
The day was officially recognized by the United Nations General Assembly in December 2011.
Daily Current Affairs 15 June 2020: Miscellaneous
Kathryn D. Sullivan becomes 1st woman to reach the deepest point of the ocean
Former NASA astronaut and Geologist, Kathryn D. Sullivan has become the 1st woman to reach the deepest point of the ocean, Challenger Deep in the Mariana Trench.
She is the 1st American woman to walk in space and has now become the first woman to reach the deepest known spot in the ocean. She has also become the first person to both walk-in spaces and to descend to the deepest point in the ocean.
Central Railway launches AI-enabled robot ‘CAPTAIN ARJUN’
An Artificial Intelligence enabled robot “CAPTAIN ARJUN” has been launched by the Indian Railways’ Central Railway zone to intensify the screening of passengers and surveillance to keep a watch on anti-social elements. The robot undertakes the thermal screening of passengers and captures the temperature in a digital display panel.
It also sounds an abnormal automatic alarm indicating a higher temperature than the reference range. Hence, Captain ARJUN will provide enough protective cover to the passengers while undergoing the screening and also ensure security in the railway premises.
We hope the information provided in this article would be helpful to Prepare for Current Affairs 15 June 2020. All those who want updates on a regular interval can bookmark our site regarding all State and Central Government Jobs Vacancies and current Affairs by visiting our website daily.
For any query, comment us below. We will reply as soon as possible. Don,t forget to share this Recruitment on your social sites with your friends.
ALL THE BEST!!