Daily Current Affairs 13 June 2020: Here we have provided you with Daily Current Affairs 2020. Current Affairs will be useful to the candidates preparing for competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, Railway, UPSC, etc. It is very essential for the candidates to know about the Current Affairs for the UPSC, SSC, RRB & All state PSC’s Exams.
Daily Current Affairs will help you to gain knowledge in the Current Affairs Section which aids you to get good scores in competitive exams such as UPSC, SSC, RRB, and other states PSCs.
Daily Current Affairs 13 June 2020
Daily Current Affairs Quiz will help you to gain knowledge in the Current Affairs Section which aids you to get good scores in competitive exams such as UPSC, SSC, RRB, and other states PSCs.
Railways sets world record by running first Double Stack Container Train in electrified territory
Indian Railways has created a new world benchmark by successfully running first Double-Stack Container Train in high-rise in Over Head Equipment electrified territory on Western Railway.
- This achievement is a first of its kind in the entire world and will also boost the ambitious mission of Green India.
- With this remarkable development, Railways has become the first to run Double-Stack Container train with high reach pantograph in high rise Over Head Equipment territory.
- The Operations successfully commenced on from Palanpur and Botad stations in Gujarat.
About Indian Railways:
- Union Railway Minister -Piyush Goyal
- Minister of State – Suresh Channabasappa Angadi
Daily Current Affairs 13 June 2020: International Affairs
India-ASEAN Youth Dialogue 2020 Held From June 8-10
During the third India-ASEAN youth dialogue that was held from June 8 to 10, India and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) pledged to enhance cooperation in ways to effectively and constructively channelising youthful energy.
- The Central elements of ASEAN-India strategic partnership are effectively and constructively channelizing the youthful energy, education and skill development.
- 2020 Chairmanship: Vietnam
- Member countries: 10 States ― Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam.
Daily Current Affairs 13 June 2020: State Affairs
Odisha Becomes First State to Get ISO Certification for Tribal Hostels
Odisha became the first State in the country to get ISO certification for its tribal hostels. In the first phase, 44 hostels of Keonjhar and Sambalpur districts have been accorded ISO 9001:2015 Certification.
- The certification was awarded basing on the quality of amenities available for scheduled category students residing in hostels set up by ST and SC Development, Minorities and Backward Classes Welfare department.
- Chief minister– Shri Naveen Patnaik
- Governor– Ganeshi Lal.
- Capital– Bhubaneswar.
Hyderabad Police launches a programme ‘STREE’ for women
Hyderabad City Security Council(HCSC) along with Hyderabad City Police launched “She Triumphs through Respect, Equality, and Empowerment(STREE)”, a programme to support and empower women victims of domestic violence and abuse.
- To raise awareness among the women on their rights, entitlements, laws and support systems & also to build a network of partners to ensure women’s safety, equality and empowerment.
- Chief Minister: Chandrashekar Rao
- Governor: Tamilisai Soundararajan
- Capital: Hyderabad
Uttar Pradesh govt decides to adopt scheme of Flatted Factory Model
In Uttar Pradesh, the State Government has decided to adopt the scheme of Flatted Factory Model which will ensure easy availability of land for industries, and in turn, generate employment also. In a high level meeting, it was decided by Uttar Pradesh State Industrial Development Authority (UPSIDA).
- The new policy will allow the owner of an industrial land of at least five acres to develop one-fourth of it as flatted factory.
UP CM launches schemes for child labourers in UP
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath launched the ‘Bal Shramik Vidya Yojana’, a scheme to educate child labourers in the state.
- The scheme’s launch coincides with the ‘World Day Against Child Labour’.
- Under the scheme, unsupported children in the age group of 8 to 18 years would be entitled to school education. These children would be given admission in the Atal residential schools in the state.
About Uttar Pradesh:
- CM: Yogi Aditya Nath
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
- Capital : Lucknow
Daily Current Affairs 13 June 2020: Banking Affairs
RBI constitutes Internal Working Group to review structure of pvt sector banks
The Reserve Bank of India has constituted a five-member Internal Working Group to review the guidelines related to ownership, governance and corporate structure of private sector banks.
- RBI informed that RBI Central Board Director P K Mohanty will head the committee, which will submit its report by 30th September, 2020.
- The panel has also been asked to examine and review the eligibility criteria for individuals or entities to apply for banking licence and make recommendations on all related issues.
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: 1 April 1935, Kolkata
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
Daily Current Affairs 13 June 2020: Economic Affairs
OECD projects contraction of Indian Economy at 3.7% in FY21
Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) has released its Economic Outlook. In its Economic Outlook, the intergovernmental economic organisation has forecasted Indian Economy to contract to 3.7% in the fiscal year 2020-21.
- It also stated that if there is a second COVID-19 outbreak in the country, then its growth will drop further to -7.3%.
- Headquarters: Paris, France
- Founded: 30 September 1961
Daily Current Affairs 13 June 2020: Ranking & Index
India retains 108th slot at FIFA’s latest ranking
India football team retained its 108th spot in the latest FIFA rankings.
- Belgium and France retained their first and second positions respectively in the latest rankings. Brazil is on the third place followed by England.
- In view of the COVID-19 pandemic, the whole raft of international fixtures including qualifiers for the FIFA World Cup and other major tournaments has been postponed.
India 12th in science research: Nature Index Annual Tables 2020
In the recently-released Nature Index table 2020, India is placed twelfth globally in science research output by Nature Index in 2019, ranked by country or territory.
- The top five positions have gone to the United States of America, China, Germany, United Kingdom and Japan. India is after Spain and just ahead of Italy.
- In the top institutions list, CSIR bagged 160th rank, followed by IISC (184)
- It is compiled by Springer Nature with headquarter at London.
Daily Current Affairs 13 June 2020: Science & Technology
ISRO to organize online ISRO Cyberspace Competitions 2020
The Indian Space Research Organization, ISRO will organize online ISRO Cyberspace Competitions-2020 to ignite young minds in the country.
- For the students of class 11 and 12, the essay competition is organized with space quiz contests in Hindi and English. Students can register themselves on “https://icc2020.isro.gov.in/icc/register.jsp”
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
- Founder: Vikram Sarabhai
- Founded: 15 August 1969
- Director: K Sivan
Daily Current Affairs 13 June 2020: Appointments
Eastern Naval Command gets new Chief of Staff
Vice Admiral Biswajit Dasgupta, assumed the charge as Chief of Staff, Eastern Naval Command(ENC),Visakhapatnam. Vice Admiral SN Ghormade, the outgoing Chief of Staff, has proceeded on transfer as Controller Personnel Services at Integrated Headquarters, Ministry of Defence(Navy), New Delhi.
- Biswajit Dasgupta is an alumnus of National Defence Academy. He was commissioned into the Indian Navy in 1985 and is a specialist in Navigation and Direction.
About Eastern Naval Command:
- Headquarters location: Visakhapatnam
- Founded: 1 March 1968
Daily Current Affairs 13 June 2020: Obituaries
Veteran Urdu poet Gulzar Dehlvi passes away
Veteran Urdu poet, Anand Mohan Zutshi Gulzar Dehlvi passed away. He was the editor of ‘Science ki Duniya’, the only science magazine published in Urdu by the government, which was launched in 1975.
- He is also credited with setting up Urdu schools across India. He was also associated with the freedom movement since the 1930s, when he was in school.
International Albinism Awareness Day 2020 is observed on 13 June
International Albinism Awareness Day (IAAD) is celebrated on June 13 every year. The day aims to celebrate the human rights of persons with albinism worldwide.
- International Albinism Awareness Day 2020 theme is ‘Made to Shine’.
- Albinism is non-contagious, genetically inherited, rare difference present at birth. This condition results in a lack of pigmentation in skin, hair, and eyes causing vulnerability to the sun and bright light.
Daily Current Affairs 13 June 2020: One Linear CA
Here we have provided you with Daily Current Affairs Quiz 2020. This Current Affairs Quiz will be useful to the candidates preparing for competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, Railway, UPSC, etc. It is very essential for the candidates to know about the Current Affairs for the UPSC, SSC, RRB & All state PSC’s Exams.
- Railways set a world record by running first Double Stack Container Train in electrified territory
- India-ASEAN Youth Dialogue 2020 Held From June 8-10
- Odisha Becomes First State to Get ISO Certification for Tribal Hostels
- Hyderabad Police launches a program ‘STREE’ for women
- Uttar Pradesh govt decides to adopt a scheme of Flatted Factory Model
- UP CM launches schemes for child laborers in UP
- RBI constitutes an Internal Working Group to review the structure of Pvt sector banks
- OECD projects contraction of Indian Economy at 3.7% in FY21
- India retains 108th slot at FIFA’s latest ranking
- India 12th in science research: Nature Index Annual Tables 2020
- ISRO to organize online ISRO Cyberspace Competitions 2020
- Eastern Naval Command gets new Chief of Staff
- Veteran Urdu poet Gulzar Dehlvi passes away
- International Albinism Awareness Day 2020 is observed on 13 June
Daily Current Affairs 13 June 2020: Quiz
1. Recently, Gulzar Dehlvi passed away. He is famous .?
2. Which State Government has recently launched a scheme for child laborers?
2. Uttar Pradesh
3. Which of the following state becomes First State to Get ISO Certification for Tribal Hostels?
2. Madhya Pradesh
4. Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development has forecasted Indian Economy to contract to ___ in the fiscal year 2020-21.
5. What is India’s Rank in Nature Index Annual Tables 2020?
6. When was the International Albinism Awareness Day is observed every year?
1. May 13
2. July 13
3. June 13
4. August 03
7. ‘STREE’ Programme has launched by which of the following state?
1. Andhra Pradesh
3. Tamil Nadu
8. What will be the growth rate of India in the next fiscal (FY 2021-22) as per Fitch ratings?
9. Who is the Governor of Uttar Pradesh?
1. Acharya Dev Vrat
2. Tathagata Roy
3. Najma Heptulla
4. Anandiben Patel
10. What amount of financial assistance will be provided tailors, under ‘Jagananna Chedodu’ scheme launched by Andhra Pradesh state government?
11. What is India’s Rank in FIFA’s latest ranking report?
12. Where is the headquarters of ISRO located at
3. New Delhi
1. Biswajit Dasgupta
2. Atul Kumar Jain
3. Sanjay Vatsayan
4. K J Kumar
14. Who is the Chief Minister of Telangana?
2. Chandrasekhar Rao
3. Naveen Patnaik
4. PS Golay
15. Which country is topped in Nature Index Annual Tables 2020?
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs 13 June
1. Salim Ali National Park is located in
- Jammu & Kashmir
2. Mayur Nritya is the folk dance in which state?
- Uttar Pradesh
3. Sipat Thermal Power Plant located at which state?
- West Bengal
4. The capital of Laos is ?
- Kuala Lumpur
5. Simlipal National Park is located in
Daily Current Affairs 13 June 2020: Important Events
International Albinism Awareness Day (IAAD)
International Albinism Awareness Day (IAAD) is celebrated annually on June 13 to celebrate the human rights of persons with albinism worldwide.
Early developments: Around the mid-2000s, reports made public a rising number of violent attacks on and murders of persons with albinism in Tanzania. Many reports have accused perpetrators to attribute magical powers to the bodies of persons with albinism and, thus, to be motivated to use them for lucky charms and occult rituals.
Until 2015, perpetrators killed more than 70 victims and harmed many more. In response, the Tanzania Albinism Society (TAS) and other NGOs began campaigning for the human rights of persons with albinism. TAS celebrated the first ‘Albino Day’ on May 4, 2006. It became ‘National Albino Day’ from 2009 onwards and was eventually called ‘National Albinism Day’.
United Nations observance: On an international level, the Canadian NGO Under the Same Sun (UTSS) joined late Ambassador of the Mission of Somalia to the United Nations (UN), Yusuf Mohamed Ismail Bari-Bari, in his effort to pass a resolution promoting and protecting the rights of persons with albinism. Such a resolution came about when the Human Rights Council on June 13, 2013 adopted the first resolution ever on albinism.
Later on, in its resolution 26/10 of June 26, 2014, the Human Rights Council recommended June 13 to be proclaimed as International Albinism Awareness Day by the United Nations’ General Assembly. The UN’s General Assembly, then, adopted on December 18, 2014 resolution 69/170 to proclaim, with effect from 2015, June 13 as International Albinism Awareness Day. The chosen date is reminiscent of the UN’s first-ever resolution which was passed on June 13 a year before. Today, IAAD is celebrated around the world from Tanzania to Argentina, to Senegal, to Fiji, France, the United Kingdom, and Namibia.
James Clerk Maxwell Birth Day
He was Born On June 13, 1831.
- He was a Scottish scientist in the field of mathematical physics. His most notable achievement was to formulate the classical theory of electromagnetic radiation, bringing together for the first time electricity, magnetism, and light as different manifestations of the same phenomenon. Maxwell’s equations for electromagnetism have been called the “second great unification in physics” after the first one realized by Isaac Newton.
- His discoveries helped usher in the era of modern physics, laying the foundation for such fields as special relativity and quantum mechanics.
- His contributions to the science are considered by many to be of the same magnitude as those of Isaac Newton and Albert Einstein. In the millennium poll – a survey of the 100 most prominent physicists – Maxwell was voted the third greatest physicist of all time, behind only Newton and Einstein. On the centenary of Maxwell’s birthday, Einstein described Maxwell’s work as the “most profound and the most fruitful that physics has experienced since the time of Newton”.
He was died on November 5, 1879 at the age of 48.
Queen Elizabeth II has been Fired
- On June 13, 1981, At the Trooping the Colour ceremony in London, a teenager, Marcus Sarjeant, fires six blank shots at Queen Elizabeth II.
We hope the information provided in this article would be helpful to Prepare for Current Affairs. All those who want updates on a regular interval can bookmark our site regarding all State and Central Government Jobs Vacancies by visiting our website daily.
For any query, comment us below. We will reply as soon as possible. Don,t forget to share this Recruitment on your social sites with your friends.
ALL THE BEST!!