Daily Current Affairs 12 June 2020: Here we have provided you with Daily Current Affairs 2020. Current Affairs will be useful to the candidates preparing for competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, Railway, UPSC, etc. It is very essential for the candidates to know about the Current Affairs for the UPSC, SSC, RRB & All state PSC’s Exams.
Daily Current Affairs will help you to gain knowledge in the Current Affairs Section which aids you to get good scores in competitive exams such as UPSC, SSC, RRB, and other states PSCs.
Daily Current Affairs 12 June 2020
Third phase of Vande Bharat Mission to have 432 international flights from 43 countries
- A total of 1,65,375 people have returned, including 29,034 migrant workers under Vande Bharat Mission, said Ministry of External Affairs spokesperson Anurag Srivastava.
- Phase-Three will have 432 international flights from 43 countries reaching 17 States and Union Territories. In this phase, there will also be 29 flights from private carriers – 24 Indigo flights, three Go Air flights, and two Vistara flights.
About Vande Bharat Mission:
- The aim of this mission is to bring back over two lakh Indians stranded across the world since the lockdown was announced in March.
- The government had suspended domestic and international flights as part of the lockdown.
Andhra CM launches ‘Jagananna Chedodu’ scheme
Andhra CM YS Jegan Mohan Reddy launched ‘Jagananna Chedodu’ scheme for tailors, barbers, and washermen to provide financial assistance to tailors, barbers, and washermen.
The scheme provides one-time financial assistance of ₹10,000 each to the 2.47 lakh beneficiaries under 60 years of age. Under the scheme, 82,347 Rajakas (dhobis), 38,767 Nayee Brahmins (barbers) and 1.25 lakh tailors were provided with the financial assistance.
About Andhra Pradesh:
- Chief Minister: YS Jagan Mohan Reddy
- Governor: Biswa Bhusan Harichandan.
Himachal launches ‘Panchvati’ Yojana for the Senior Citizens
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur launched ‘Panchvati Yojna’ for senior citizens of rural areas of the state under which parks and gardens would be developed in every development block with necessary facilities.
The main objective of this Yojna, which is being taken up in link up with MNREGA scheme, is to provide opportunity to the elderly people to spend their leisure time strolling in these parks and gardens.
About Himachal Pradesh:
- Chief Minister: Jairam Thakur;
- Governor: Bandaru Dattatraya.
- Centre approves Rs.1,280 crore for Madhya Pradesh to implement Jal Jeevan Mission during 2020-21
- The government of India approved the Annual Action Plan of Madhya Pradesh for 2020-21. The approval was decided at the National Committee chaired by Secretary, Drinking Water & Sanitation, Ministry of Jal Shakti.
- The government of India approved Rs.1,280 crore for the implementation of Jal Jeevan Mission in the State in 2020-21.
- Madhya Pradesh has planned to have 100% Functional Household Tap Water Connection (FHTC) by 2023-24.
About Madhya Pradesh:
- Capital: Bhopal
- CM: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
- Governor: Lal Ji Tandon
India is ranked 56th COVID-19 regional safety assessment report
- Deep Knowledge Group releases the COVID-19 regional safety assessment report of 200 countries dividing them into 4 tiers.
- The first tier is for the safest countries and 4th is for the riskiest nation for COVID-19.
- The report positioned India on 56th rank with a score of 532.
- Switzerland with a score of 752 was the safest place for COVID-19, followed by Germany, Israel, Singapore, Japan.
Indian Musician Shobha Sekhar receives “the Medal of the Order of Australia”
Indian Musician Shobha Sekhar, the founder of Kalakruthi a music organisation in Australia receives the Medal of the Order of Australia(OAM) in the Queen’s Birthday 2020 for her service to Indian music and dance.
She works as a lecturer at the University of Melbourne.
About The Medal of the Order of Australia:
The medal of the order of Australia is awarded to the individuals contributing to their community or to Australia globally or domestically.
- Currency– Australian dollar
- Capital– Canberra
Indian-American soil scientist Rattan Lal gets 2020 World Food Prize
Eminent Indian-American soil scientist Rattan Lal has been named this year’s recipient of the World Food Prize for developing and mainstreaming a soil-centric approach to increasing food production that conserves natural resources and mitigates climate change.
Lal serves as Distinguished University Professor of Soil Science and founding Director of the Carbon Management & Sequestration Center at The Ohio State University
Gargo International appointed Sonu Sood as Brand Ambassador
Gargo International (Delhi based lubricant company) has appointed Sonu Sood as its brand ambassador
The company praised Sonu Sood for his support works to migrant workers through the “Ghar Bhejo” and KhaanaChahiye initiative which raised Rs.57 lakhs.
About Gargo International:
- MD: Rajan Goel
E-pays partners Mastercard to facilitate contactless ATM withdrawals in India
Empays Payment Systems India, a cloud-based payment solutions provider, has joined forces with Mastercard to enable contactless ATM withdrawals in India.
Under this partnership, Mastercard will help Empays to launch a cardless ATM solution in order to mitigate the spread of the deadly coronavirus.
- Headquarters: New York, U.S.
- President and CEO: Ajaypal Singh Banga.
NFL ties up with ITI to train youth in various trades
National Fertilizers Limited (NFL) has tied up with Industrial Training Institutes around its plant to train youth in various trades so as to provide them employment in heavy and process industry.
The step is taken to boost Skill India initiative of the Government of India.
The company plans to explore more options to give impetus to Skill India by training more youth from institutes.
- NFL HQ: Noida
Former world champion boxer Oleksandr Gvozdyk retires
- The Former Ukrainian lightweight boxing champion Oleksandr Gvozdyk announced his retirement.
- He won the Bronze medal in the 2012 Olympic games.
- He won the 2018 World Boxing Councils(WBCs) light heavyweight world title.
Former Planning Commission member Dr Vaidyanathan passes away
- Dr. A Vaidyanathan, a former member of the Government of India’s Planning Commission, passed away.
- During his lifetime, Dr. Vaidyanathan also served as a professor at the Madras Institute of Development Studies and Centre for Development Studies in Trivandrum.
- He was a member of the perspective planning division of the Planning Commission from 1962 to 1972.
Television Actor Jagesh Mukati passes away
- Television Actor Jagesh Mukati passed away due to breathing issues. He was renowned for working the TV shows namely Amita Ka Amit and Shree Ganesh.
- He also acted in 2014 Bollywood movie “Hasee Toh Phasee” starring Parineeti Chopra & Sidharth Malhotra.
Former European Cup winner Tony Dunne passes away at 78
- Manchester United’s European Cup-winning defender Tony Dunne has died aged 78.
- He was a part of the winning side of the European Cup in 1968.
- He won the Irish Footballer of the year award in 1969.
- He ended his football career in 1979.
World Day Against Child Labour is observed on 12 June
World Day Against Child Labour (or Anti-Child Labor Day) is observed on 12 June every year. The day focuses on the impact of the crisis on Child labour.
The International Labour Organization (ILO) launched the World Day Against Child Labour in 2002 to focus attention on the worldwide extent of kid labour and therefore the action and efforts needed to eliminate it.
- Director-General: Guy Ryder
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
- Formed on: 29 October 1919
Current Affairs CA One-Liners 12th June 2020
- The third phase of Vande Bharat Mission to have 432 international flights from 43 countries
- Andhra CM launches ‘Jagananna Chedodu’ scheme
- Himachal launches ‘Panchvati’ Yojana for the Senior Citizens
- Centre approves Rs.1,280 crore for Madhya Pradesh to implement Jal Jeevan Mission during 2020-21
- India is ranked 56th COVID-19 regional safety assessment report
- Indian Musician Shobha Sekhar receives “the Medal of the Order of Australia”
- Indian-American soil scientist Rattan Lal gets 2020 World Food Prize
- Gargo International appointed Sonu Sood as Brand Ambassador
- E-pays partners Mastercard to facilitate contactless ATM withdrawals in India
- NFL ties up with ITI to train youth in various trades
- Former world champion boxer Oleksandr Gvozdyk retires
- Former Planning Commission member Dr. Vaidyanathan passes away
- Television Actor Jagesh Mukati passes away
- Former European Cup winner Tony Dunne passes away at 78
- World Day Against Child Labour is observed on 12 June
Current Affairs Quiz – June 12, 2020
Here we have provided you with Daily Current Affairs Quiz 2020. This Current Affairs Quiz will be useful to the candidates preparing for competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, Railway, UPSC, etc. It is very essential for the candidates to know about the Current Affairs for the UPSC, SSC, RRB & All state PSC’s Exams.
Daily Current Affairs Quiz will help you to gain knowledge in the Current Affairs Section which aids you to get good scores in competitive exams such as UPSC, SSC, RRB, and other states PSCs.
Daily Current Affairs 12 June 2020: Quiz
1. Who has been appointed as the brand ambassador of Gargo International?
1. Ranveer Singh
2. Ranbir Kapoor
3. Sonu Sood
4. Amir Khan
2. Recently, Jagesh Mukati passes away. He belongs to which field?
3. Which of the following state government launched Panchvati Yojana for the Senior Citizens?
2. Andhra Pradesh
4. Himachal Pradesh
4. In a big boost to the “Skill India” initiative, the National Fertilizers Limited (NFL) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with which institutions?
1. ITI, New Delhi
2. ITI, Faridabad
3. ITI, Pusa
4. ITI, Nangal
5. What is India’s rank in Deep Knowledge Group’s safest country in the world from COVID- 19?
6. Who is the Director-General of The International Labour Organization (ILO)?
1. Guy Rider
2. Tedros Adhanom
3. Rashid Alimov
4. Alexey Sergeev
7. Who among the following won world Food Prize 2020?
1. Dipan Ghosh
2. Mitali Mukher
3. Ratan Lal
4. Vijay Bhatkar
8. High Jumper Alexander Shustov who is in news recently belongs to which country?
9. Who is the Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh?
1. Shivraj Singh Chouhan
2. Jairam Thakur
3. Biren Singh
4. Biplab Kumar Deb
10. COVID-19 regional safety assessment report is topped by which country?
11. Which Indian Musician won “The Medal of the Order of Australia” recently?
1. Kavya Ajit
2. Shobha Sekhar
3. Sombala Kumar
4. Rita Dev
12. Name the Indian economist who has been included in the 8-member panel formed by the Asian Development Bank to find solutions for the speedy recovery of COVID-19 in Southeast Asia?
1. Manmohan Singh
2. Raghuram Rajan
3. Jagdish Bhagwati
4. Rajiv Kumar
The 8 member panel includes,
Jane Halton, chair of the Coalition for Epidemics Preparedness Innovation and former secretary of the Australian departments of health and finance
Rema Hanna, Harvard Kennedy School;
Karen Tay Koh, former Singapore Ministry of Finance official and former deputy CEO of SingHealth;
Ramayya Krishnan, Carnegie Mellon University;
Anup Malani, University of Chicago;
Raghuram Rajan, University of Chicago; former governor of the Reserve Bank of India and chief economist of the International Monetary Fund;
Andrew Sheng, Asia Global Institute;
Nicholas Stern, London School of Economics; former head of the United Kingdom’s Government Economic Service and former chief economist of the World Bank.
13. Pritam Singh, who passed away recently is renowned?
3. Management Trainer
14. World Day Against Child Labour is observed on which date?
1. June 10
2. June 11
3. June 12
4. June 13
15. Centre approved Rs.1,280 crore for which state government to implement Jal Jeevan Mission during 2020-21?
3. Madhya Pradesh
4. Uttar Pradesh
16. Mahavir Harina Vanasthali National Park is located in which state of India?
4. Andhra Pradesh
17. Yakshagana is a dance form of which state?
4. Andhra Pradesh
18. Indraprastha Power Station located at which state?
3. Madhya Pradesh
19. What is the currency of Russia?
20. Chandoli National Park is located in which state of India?
Daily Current Affairs 12 June 2020: Important Events
WORLD DAY AGAINST CHILD LABOUR
The International Labour Organization (ILO) launched the World Day Against Child Labour in 2002 to focus attention on the global extent of child labour and the action and efforts needed to eliminate it. Each year on 12 June, the World Day brings together governments, employers and workers organizations, civil society, as well as millions of people from around the world to highlight the plight of child labourers and what can be done to help them.
The returns on the investment in ending child labour are incalculable. Children who are free from the burden of child labour are able to fully realize their rights to education, leisure, and healthy development, in turn providing the essential foundation for broader social and economic development, poverty eradication, and human rights.
NELSON MANDELA SENTENCED TO LIFE IN PRISON
On June 12, 1964 Anti-apartheid activist and ANC leader Nelson Mandela is sentenced to life in prison for sabotage in South Africa.
On June 12, 1991, The Sri Lankan Army massacres 152 minority Tamil civilians in the village of Kokkadichcholai near the eastern province town of Batticaloa.
We hope the information provided in this article would be helpful to Prepare for Current Affairs. All those who want updates on a regular interval can bookmark our site regarding all State and Central Government Jobs Vacancies by visiting our website daily.
For any query, comment us below. We will reply as soon as possible. Don,t forget to share this Recruitment on your social sites with your friends.
ALL THE BEST!!